Sarpa Samskara pooja: Sarpa puja has normally three procedures.1 Sarpa dosha nivarna puja. 2 Sarpa Samskara. 3 Naga/Sarpa Prathistapana.
These pujas are two days rituals. 1 Sarpa dosha nivarna puja 2 Sarpa samskaraa are one day rituals. Due to sutaka, Naga/Sarpa Prathistapana will be performed on the second day. However, a couple of puja places suggest three days (not for all pujas related to sarpa) pooja like Kukke Subramanya, Karnataka. This is because they conduct common pujas. But wherever individual puja is performed it is for two days only, like Gokarna Punya Kshetra, Karnataka.
Here in this article, we are going to mention more about Sarpa samskara. As the name itself indicates funeral vidhi followed in case of Sarpa’s death.
Who should perform Sarpa Samskara pooja ?
- Those who have directly killed Sarpa as an individual or in a group. Indirect involvement of persons in this act also should perform this pooja.
- Knowingly or unknowingly those who have blocked Sarpa sanchara/Sarpa patha. Normally Sarpa uses regular land surface or any other surface in the form of building /tree etc for its daily travel from its dwelling place to any other place. This path is its daily routine for food and others. This is called sarpa path.
- Persons who have damaged or been involved in the destruction of Sarpa dwelling places.
- Those who destroy Sarpa ovum (Sarpa Anda)
- Persons who put Sarpa in captivity, called Sarpa Bandhan.
- Those who have killed Sarpa but not carried its funeral ie Sarpa samskara as per the samskara standards.
- If Sarpa dosha found and killing of Sarpa found by ancestors in horoscope or in any medium of past and future predictions.
Especially those who are in the construction field, contractors, civil engineers, earth moving equipment owners, and operators, Evacuation agencies should consider doing this samskara. If someone from the family killed Sarpa and hence this bad karma is likely to be passed on to future generations. Careful study of horoscope or some other fact-finding methods will suggest this pooja.
1 Timely marriage.
2 Solutions related to pregnancy or conceiving a child.
3 Completion of works on time.
4 Removal of hurdles in the profession.
5 Good health.
6 Contentment in life with good family relationships.
How to perform Sarpa samskara pooja.
Time needed: 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Sarpa Sanskara pooja procedure
- Vinayaka pooja
- Sankalpa and Sankalp objective. Reasons to perform sarpa samskara.
- Sarpa samskara.
- Sarpa mantra Jap.
- Sarpa Pind pradhan.
- Sarpa Pinda Puja.
Sarpa Samskaraa Pooja Cost
This puja cost starts from INR 8000 – 28000. The difference in the price is due to the number Sarpa mantras chanting and the number of Brahmins.
For details Contact :
Om Beach Road
Pin code: 581326
Phone 1: 9663645980 (To speak in English/Hindi/Kannada)
Phone 2: 9448628918 (To speak in Kannada/Hindi/Telugu/Marathi/Konkani)
Also see: Sarpa Dosha Nivarana Pooja