Gau daan is the supreme satisfying service among all donations. Gau means cow. It is one among the seven mothers of every human as per Hindu scripture. Godaan means “gift of a cow” in English. It is sacred and auspicious. When people perform dosha nivarna pooja donate cow. If it is affordable one should make this daan once in a lifetime. Gau daanam should be done along with the calf. This daan is also called Godanam.
Kali Yuga (the present Yuga) is one quarter virtue and three quarters sinfulness. In this Yuga human beings fail to follow Dharma. Hence Confession through charity is the best solution for our bad Karma. It is also said that all Gods reside in the Cow. Therefore Gau Daan is a Maha Daan in the Kali Yuga.
Five types of Godaana
- Debt (Runa) Godaana: A person may fail to repay debts to others. The amount could be small or big. Such persons do this daan.
- Godaana(Utkranti) for painless death: This is made to prevent pain at the time of death. Especially for those who are on the death bed.
- Trouble-free after-death journey (Antardhenu): After death, one has to travel long and face many obstacles to reach the right destination. To make this journey smooth, godaana is made.
- Vaitarani Godaana: This is for the purpose of crossing the river of hell Vaitarani. Provides a safe journey across the dangerous river.
- Godaana for Moksha (Moksha Dhenu): This is made to attain freedom from rebirths and lead to a respectable life during existence.
Gau Daan Before and After Death.
Runa/Debt, Utkranti Daan falls under before the death. Moksha Dhenu falls under both before and after death. Anterdhenu and Vaitarani daan falls under after death.
Importance before death:
To take care hurdles free life for self, present family members and future generations.
Importance after death:
To get blessings of our ancestors, to get certain level of moksha for a specific departed soul and overall welfare of the family members.
Gau Daan Benefits:
- A complete solution for bad karma.
- The donor attains the highest level of eternal bliss.
- Helps to lead a pure life.
- Resonates internal thought and expression.
- Afterlife liberation.
Time needed: 4 hours.
Donor will get better results if following steps done properly under the guidance of the right Brahmin and at the right place.
- Gau cleaning
- Gau pooja
- Food daan
- Gau Arpane to a Brahmin
Gau Daan Cost:
Cost varies from ₹ 38000-65000. This includes calf. The cost depends on the following factors.
- Pratyaksha daan in the presence of a donor or online gau daan.
- Additional pooja cost like any dosha nivarna homam.
Godaan Place and Online puja:
Two Options to perform this ritual.
1 In your physical presence at Gokarna, Karnataka.
2 In your absentia. This is Live online Puja. Click the below link for details.
Why one should perform at Gokarna?
Saints and intellectuals have recognized Gokarna as the supreme pilgrimage town in India. Gokarna is the ultimate Punya Kshetra. Lord Shiva himself narrated this to Skanda. (Ref: Skanda Purana). Rudra was created by Brahma after long lasting prayers under the sea. While Rudra entering on the earth planet makes appearance through Cow’s ear. (Gau). Hence this place called GO KARNA. Before the installation of Mahabala Atma Linga at Gokarna, Hindu texts mention about Shiva Kshetra Gokarna. Due to this Gau Daan at Gokarna with the help of Vedic experts give best results.
Do’s and Don’ts while doing Gau Daan.
1 Donate cow with a calf.
2 Donate through an eligible and qualified brahmin who is a learned and respected in the society.
3 Mention the purpose of donating the cow.
4 Donate for Cow food also.
5 Follow the all Vedic standards in the presence and guidance of Chaturveda Pundit.
6 Donate Cow and calf which can withstand local weather conditions and live longer and healthier.
1 Do not donate only Cow.
2 Do not donate Cow which is old.
Om Beach Road
Pin code: 581326
Ashlesha Bali Pooja